Retrofit Basement, London SW3
This project was for a single storey basement on the full footprint of the original property and front courtyard. Cranbrook were delighted to have the opportunity to design and work on this very impressive and attractive house in SW3. The project presented its challenges, which included a very strict Construction Traffic Management Plan and difficult and restrictive access for deliveries.
- Total Refurbishment of Original Property Including Structural Modification to All Floor Levels
- Removal of Internal Walls, Floors and Plastered Surfaces
- Removal of Roof Structure
- Replace the Entire Plumbing & Heating Installation
- Replace the Entire Electrical Installation
- Replace All Existing Windows & Doors with High Performance Mumford & Wood Joinery
- Replace Existing Staircases
- Provide Warm Water Under-floor Heating to all levels
- Temperature Regulated Wine Room
- Design & Build Package – Turn-key Project
Restoration to the front and rear of the existing building took place. A large extension was designed and constructed for the rear of the property with floor to ceiling sliding doors into the garden - maximizing the amount of natural light to the interior. All internal floors were replaced and a new roof was installed. Landscaping was carried out to the exterior of the property to provide a hidden garden feel with privacy through selective planting.
The interior design of the property was very interesting as there were many different levels throughout the building. The basement was to be constructed below the existing house and also under the front garden which would also incorporate a lower ground floor. The project brief meant that all internal floors were removed and replaced to include a further mezzanine floor and a large rear extension was to be added. This increased the floor area of the property from 180m2 to 300m2. Incorporating double light wells to both rear and front of the property meant that maximum natural light flooded into the property.
Volcanic Stone worktops installed in the bespoke kitchen and bathrooms. The kitchen and basement have benefited from the use of a high-quality polished concrete finish. New windows and doors have been installed throughout the property.
The duration of the project was 24 months, and at the end of which the Client was presented with a stunning, light filled, contemporary living space sympathetically designed to compliment the existing property.
See Cranbrook Basements' company profile here.
- 1-9 Seymour Street, London
- Former Central Fire Station, Birmingham
- White Collar Factory, City Road, London
- LLandegfedd Reservoir Visitor Centre, South Wales
- Double-level Residential Basement, London NW8
- Pickenham Hall (Grade II listed) Extension, Norfolk
- Asquith Villas, Wandsworth Common, London
- New Build Basement, Surrey
- Hugo Boss Flagship Retail Store, London
- Farmhouse Basement, Yorkshire
- Royal Courts of Justice, Westminster
- The Fusion, Shoreditch
- The Material Store, Hayes